It just keeps getting worse. Each and every day. No heels, dresses, or even dress pants. Little makeup, and in fact, I’ve “lost” some of my make up brushes (translation: Morgan played with them and didn’t put them back). My hair hardly ever gets touched with a round brush, and forget about good shampoo and hair products!
It’s like a disease I can’t cure. I fall farther and farther into the momtrap. I’ve finally resolved myself to understanding it’s a lack of time. The less time I have, the lower I prioritize myself.
By now, if you’ve been reading this blog, you know I like to make lists. I haven’t been doing a great job at being accountable to my lists lately, but starting today is better than letting it go. So, I’m going to shred my momdrobe and bring the old me back a bit.
Here’s what I need to do:
– Workout three times a week, minimum. This bullet keeps getting entered into this blog, but hasn’t happened consistently. When I work out, I feel good. It gives me energy, confidence, stature. I just have to do it. A 5 AM wake up call is in order for tomorrow.
– Make and keep a few hair appointments. I have a beautiful shade of Feria (Feria 59) which allows me to color at home and avoid the three-hour salon trip (I just can’t justify not spending that time with my kids), but there is no reason why I can’t make it to the salon every six weeks for a good trim. The last time I went in (January) my stylist looked at my history, and I hadn’t been in since JULY. REALLY? A quick phone call to schedule an appointment is in order tomorrow.
– I need to pick out my clothes, shoes, and accessories at night. No more waiting until the morning. It’s too chaotic, and heaven forbid one of the kids wakes up fifteen minutes early, I’m last in line priority-wise.
– I need to get up a bit earlier. If I’m working out in the morning, that helps. If not, I just need to drag my tushy out of bed twenty minutes earlier.
– I need to organize my closet and drawers. Unpacking suitcases from my last two business trips would be a good start. If you can’t find your clothes, you certainly can’t wear your clothes.
But most of all, I need to make myself a priority on my own list. My kids are loved and well cared for, as is my husband. But maybe loving myself a little bit more will empower me to be happier, more confident, and more balanced. I can only imagine that will benefit my kids and my husband as well.
If you are reading this and are in the same boat, come join me. Maybe we can motivate ourselves together.