I’m here! Yep, the ultimate blog party 2010. I’m a party ‘newbie’, and not much of a veteran to the world of blogging as a whole! I started this blog about six months ago, to document my life as a working mom.
I have a full-time job in advertising (which sometimes is a bit more than full time), a son who is almost 4, and a daughter who just turned 2. While I constantly struggle for balance, I make sure that I enjoy my kids every second I get, and make our time together really meaningful. That’s part of what I blog about – those moments of discovery, learning, and fun. The other half of my blog? Well, it’s my journey as a working mom – trying to find time for all the other people in my life, as well as myself.
So the assignment is to create a post that says party. And since my favorite thing is to write about my kids, well, here I go.
A party for me is:
– My little girl dancing in a tutu on our living room floor. It’s a mixture of jumping and laughing, and warms my spirit
– My little boy running around the kitchen island, giggling and laughing, with pure happiness that mom and dad are home and playing with him
– A few glasses of wine with a good friend or good friend(s). Preferably with some wood-fired pizza
– A mom’s night out with lots of laughter, a few tears, and life stories shared with ease
– A quiet celebration of my marriage and partnership with my husband, whether it be a nice dinner at home, a babysitter so we can head out, or a bonfire in the backyard
For me, parties aren’t all about balloons, guests, and hoopla (unless of course you are talking about celebrating one of my kids’ birthdays – then they are a must!). A party is a celebration of all the good things life offers – how you do it is up to you!
Party on, bloggers! Looking forward to a great week!
There are many great prizes being offered at this party – click on the UBP 10 button to the side of my blog to check it out! My top picks are:
6, 7, 8, 11, 16, 39, 50, 56 – but frankly, I hardly ever win anything, so I’d be happy with any prize (especially the grand prize!)